Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chapter 03


“I wonder if she’s here again?” he said as he began to walk into the field. He noticed rustling in front of him and heard singing. As he stepped closer he realized it was the girl’s voice.. she was there once again picking flowers. Jae Joong quietly moved in closer in preparation to jump out and scare her..

“Little girl .. come out.. I know you are there… “ she said while still picking flowers.

He could not believe that she was able to tell that it was him.

“ How did you know it was me?” he said as he made his way towards her, but when he finally reached her he stopped dead in his tracks and his mouth dropped open.


The girl noticing this waved her hand back and forth in front of him to see if he was still conscious.. “ hey little girl you ok? Hello … anyone in there?..” and still no response.. the girl looked at Jae joong and then gave a sigh, “ I guess I’ll just have to get little girl’s attention then…”

With saying that the girl balled up her fist.. pulled back and dealt a powerfur right jab to Jae joong’s stomach. Jae Joong of course snapped out of his trance couging and crouching over, “ What was that for, Sunflower Girl??? Just because you have brute strength doesn’t mean you should use it against people!!! Cough cough..” he coughed as he attempted to stand up.

“Sunflower Girl? “ she stepped closer to him with a smile on her face, “ Thanks for the cute nickname..“

Jae Joong suddenly felt very nervous and backed away, his voice went high and he began to stutter, “ … umm.. cute… umm.. “ he could not understand what was going on.. he had never felt or behaved this way before. He noticed that Sunflower Girl was staring intently, his facial expression changed one of embarrassment.. his cheeks turned bright red. Sunflower Girl seeing this motioned her hands towards his cheeks and Jae Joong froze, but his eyes continued to focus on her. Drops of sweat began to trickle from his forehead as she touched his cheeks gently.

Their eyes met again and she gave a sweet smile that seemed to calm Jae Joong down, but all of the sudden her touch turned into strong pinches, “ Aww little girl.. you have such bright rosy cheeks!!! Eepota!!! “

Jae Joong screamed in pain and started flailing his arms, Sunflower Girl released her grip laughing uncontrollably. She sarcastically made an expression of remorse but couldn’t keep that expression long before she would break out into laguther again. Jae Joong glared at her as if his stare could pierce her.
Jae Joong rubbed his face, “ are those hands or claws!!! Girls should be more gentle.. you know that!!!”

“Aww hahahah … Did I hurt you again? Sorry… Girls should be more gentle?? Then you Little Girl should practice what you preach as well LOL..” Sunflower Girl replied still laughing, she looked at Jae Joong again and saw that he was really mad and said, “ Ok ok I’ll stop making fun of you Llittle Girl.. Im sorry if I hurt you … here.. “ she pulled out a sunflower from the boquet she placed on the ground and handed it to Jae Joong.

“If were serious about not making fun of me then why are you still calling me Little Girl then… my name is Kim Jae Joong… Jae Joong !! not Little Girl!!! And what is with this… why would I want this??? I have a whole field of em and this one is already wilted…”

Sunflower Girl lowered her head and her expression changed from one of happiness to one of sadness. Two emotions welled up in Jae Joong opposing each other. One emotion was pure gratification that he had been able to best the Sunflower Girl who had made a fool of him before. This was normal for him to feel but the second emotion made him uneasy.. because it seemed to be more powerful that the sense of victory over his rival that he felt. He felt bad that he had caused her to feel down and worried that she would cry or leave.

Still not understanding why he was doing it,, he snatched the sunflower from her, “thanks.”

And with that one word Sunflower Girl’s face lit up again and she began to jump around singing. Jae Joong seeing this , he looked up to the beautiful clear sky and smiled as if a burden had been lifted from his shoulders. He looked down and right in front of him the Sunflower Girl stood in front him… face to face and he quickly changed back to his cold expression.

“Hey Sunflower Girl, why are you in your pajamas? More importantly why od you pajamas look like a animal?? You look like an idiot!!” Jae Joong said in a scolding tone as he turned away from her stare that seemed to go straight through him.

She jumped up and struck a pose with her tongue sticking out and her hands balled up right next to her cheeks mobbing back and forth, “” B-A-B-O!!! These aren’t my pajamas hahahha umm take that back now that I think about it.. I can probably use them as pajamas but anyways this is a costume I made!!! Don’t you know hamtaro? Aren’t I cute?”

Jae Joong trying to keep his cold demeanor refused to look but Sunflower Girl ran into his line of sight and started to wave her hands like crazy and make cute faces, “Come on admit it…. You know I’m cute!!! La la la la la I may not be as cute as you but I’m way more adorkable…“

“Adorkable?!?!?!? Hahahhahahahah and you call me BABO hahahhaha” Jae Joong could not hold back his emotions any longer and broke out into smile and laughter, laughing so hard that he fell to the ground. Sunflower Girl seeing this sight jumped up and down in celebration and then laid down next to Jae Joong who was still laughing.

“Hahaha… Hey Little Girl, I like my nickname Sunflower Gir.l It's a cute nickname you gave me … is it because when you think about sunflowers you think about me too heheheh”

Jae Joong stole a glance at her and then looked up at the sky and coughed, “ Yeah right… Be happy that I call you Sunflower Girl… at least I’m acknowledging that you are a girl and not a monster.”

“And for that Little Girl… I should be grateful??? Hahahah well I call you Little Girl because I acknowledge that you are cute as a little girl heheh”

“Why you!!! I told you my name is Jae Joong. Call me Jae Joong!!!”

“NO!!!! I’ll call you Little Girl!!! It suits you hehehe.. but enough about your name you still haven’t told me why you call me Sunflower Girl”

“You haven’t told me your name yet and I call you Sunflower Girl because you are always here stealing sunflowers from our fields. Do you like sunflowers that much that you come steal them everyday??”

“ Yes I do love sunflowers, and secondly I don’t steal them!!!”

“What do you mean not steal?? Yes you do… admit it !!!”

“No I don’t steal them … I’m doing a favor to you and your family…”

“What favor!!! Don’t try to get out of this I’m not falling for you… “

Sunflower Girl hearing this sat up and looked at him, “ What did you say?”

Jae Joong realizing he had made a slip sat up and looked at her, “ I said I’m not gonna fall for that excuse. How is it a help to my family and how is it not stealing?!?! Don’t try to talk yourself out of this.”

“Ooh… I thought you said… And it is helping your family because I’m basically tending your fields for free… I only pick ones that cant be sold because they are already wilting. Plus its not stealing because every time I come to pick the flowers, you are here and see me doing it but you don’t come and stop me you just look. Being the owner of the field shouldn’t you have said something the first time you saw me doing this? “

Jae Joong surprised at what Sunflower Girl just said could not come up with anything to say and looked embarrassed. Finally regaining his composure he said, “ Well… I was just testing you with the whole stealing thing… I knew you were taking bad flowers anyways that’s the reason why I didn’t stop you all those times…”

“Really… for a whole year you just decided to come and make sure I didn’t take any of the flowers you can sell right? Hehehe”

“THAT”S RIGHT!!!... umm did you think I came everyday to see you ? Don’t be so full of yourself. But why are you in a costume today and why did you pick so many flowers this time? You only usually pick 3 or 4?”

Suddenly Sunflower Girl jumped up, “Aiya !!! I almost forgot” and she started to rush around gathering the flowers she had picked. Jae Joong got up and stared with a look of confusion as Sunflower Girl continued her mad scramble around him. Without noticed she handed an overflowing bunch to Jae Joong.

“Here help me… I can’t carry all of this by myself…” then picking up another bunch and she grabbed his hand and began pulling him through the field.

“ Hey… where are you taking me ? Why do I need to help you huh… hey Sunflower Girl… answer me… stop pulling… “ he said as he struggled to juggle holding all the flowers and trying to break free from Sunflower Girl’s hold.

“Little Girl… please I need your help. I can’t carry all of this by myself and you don’t seem to have anything to do… please… pretty please…” she said with big puppy dog eyes and a pout, but Jae Joong refused to look at her so she stopped and continued to drag him along, “I thought you wanted to know what I was doing with all the flowers and why I’m in this outfit right? Come on!!”

Jae Joong decided to take advantage of the moment, “ Fine I will but only if I get something in return.. heheheh so what do you have to offer?”

“If you come with me and help I’ll stop calling you Little Girl…”

“hmmm… not good enough… “

“I’ll start calling you Jae Joong oppa from now on and stop picking on you … please… I don’t ask for help unless I really need it … please do it as a favor…”

“um…. “

“If you do this for me … umm I’ll tell you my real name!!!” Sunflower Girl said loudly that caused Jae Joong to jump. Since he was interested in her real name and he began to feel sorry for her.. so he quietly nodded. Sunflower Girl’s face lit up and began jumping up and down screaming out of happiness. Jae Joong couldn’t help but smile but suddenly was in shock when out of no where, Sunflower Girl lightly kissed him on the lips.

“Thank you so much!!!! You don’t know how much this means to me!!! Come on let’s go!!” but before he could say or do anything in response.. Sunflower Girl grabbed his hand and began to run through the field.

Jae Joong followed hand in hand smiling… remembering what his sister had said about the meaning of a kiss….

Out of nowhere you stole my first kiss… I don’t know if you did it spontaneously or if you meant it but for me it meant so much more than you could believe. Noona Bae said that a kiss meant that two people wanted to spend the rest of their lives together… and though we were still young and barely knew eachother.. I knew in my heart that you were the one that I wanted to be with for the rest of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment