Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chapter 01


“Mom why do you I have to go? I don’t want to go to the stupid flower field… why can’t you take one of my noonas instead… I have 8 of them… “ Jae Joong screams as he is being dragged down the roadside.

“Because.. all your noonas are busy and I need help picking the flowers so I can take them into town to sell. Plus if I leave you by yourself I don’t know what sort of mischief you’ll be up to… this time the house might catch on fire or another neighbor will complain that you’ve beat up their child…. Aish… why can’t you be more like your sisters?” his mother lectures as she is tugging him by his ear.

“I can’t like noonas because I am a boy B-O-Y, boy… that’s why I shouldn’t be here picking flowers with you… I should be fighting or playing in dirt or something… owww… mom!!! My ear’s gonna fall off”

“If you keep on talking like that I’ll just let it fall off… don’t complain we’re here just help pick the sunflowers” but as she let go of his ear, Jae Joong seizing the opportunity dropped the basket and ran into the vast field, “ Kim Jae Joong!!! Come back here right now!!!”

“You’ll have to catch me first if you want to hit me !!! Catch me if you can mom!!! Nyah nyah nyah ” he screamed from a distance as he continued to run through the field of sunflowers.

Man… now I’m stuck in this stupid field til mom leaves or I’m really gonna get a beating… have to wait til she leaves and until dad comes home.. then I’m safe hehehehe…but what am I gonna do until then?

Jae Joong thinks to himself as he begins to break off the giant sunflowers and swing them back and forth hitting the other flowers and throwing them into the air. As the flowers begin to fall back Jae Joong noticed 2 large crimson colored stones, picked them up and threw them into the air.

“Stupid mom… I don’t want to pick stupid flowers… now I’m stuck here… “ Jae Joong said as he pouted.
As he began to walk away towards home, something hit him on the back of head. As he rubbed his head, he looked down at what had hit him and it was the same exact stones he had thrown just a while ago. “Who threw that!!!! Hey jerk !!! Come out here and fight like a man!!!”

Now angry, Jae Joong balled up his fists ready to fight the boy that threw the stones at him. As he turned around to the direction where the stones came from, a fist met his face causing him to fall to the ground.

“ Who are you calling a man .. you brat!!!” a little girl holding sunflowers yelled as she towered over the fallen Jae Joong. Jae Joong, fuming jumped up and took a swing at his opponent without even knowing who it was, but the girl was able to swiftly block the punch and in retaliation kneed Jae Joong in the stomach causing him to crouch down in pain.

“ Why you ba-…” Jae Joong began to say but stopped, startled to realize that the one who was beating him down was girl, “what? You’re a girl?!?!?!”

“Yes… and… you’re a loud mouthed girly boy that cant back up his talk…”

“What!!! You’re the one that attacked me first! I was just defending myself” Jae Joong slyly attempted to make her the bad guy. He stood up but pretend that he was still in much pain.

The girl couldn’t help but laugh at his sight…, “ Now I really think you’re a girl … hhahahhaha only girls try to pull off something like this…”

She began to pace around him, looking at him from top to bottom, then sarcastically said, “ awww… poor baby…did I mess up your pretty face?”

In a more serious tone, “ Well you deserve it though… throwing things carelessly.. you could have killed someone..” as she said this, she touched her left wrist which was swollen and bruised. Jae Joong noticed this and began to feel guilty about what he had done but did not show any emotion in front of the girl.

“umm… well anyways what were you doing in the field anyways… this is my family’s land… you were trespassing so when you got hit and you already hit me back … let’s just call it even.” Jae Joong said while keeping his cold expression, “ you don’t seem like someone that could get hurt because of some little rock.. only stupid people cant avoid a falling rock..heh heh.”

The girl could not believe what just came out of his mouth, “ What?... really… only stupid people cant avoid falling rocks.. hmm” and she hits him where the rock had hit him, “ So I guess that makes you stupid too right? “

“Why you….”

“You said it not me..hahahhaa”

Damn.. she got me there, Jae Joong thought to himself, to not make a fool of himself even further he quickly changed the subject, “ I’ve never seen you around before? Are you from here? People from here would know that this is my family’s land and not just go wander around like an idiot.”

“You just answered your own questions… idiot. Since I was wandering here that means that I didn’t know your family owned this land and it means that I’m not from around here. Fool..” she said with a smirk on her face as she turned away from him.

Realizing he had just been duped again he pulled her towards him and faced her. But as he looked at her, words did not come out.. he just stared at her thinking to himself that this girl though rude and violent had something in her that drew him to her. The girl feeling uneasy that he was holding onto her balled up her fist and glared at Jae Joong. Not wanting another beating, he quickly let her go and took a few steps back.

“Hey little girl..” she said to Jae Joong.

“What?!?! Little girl… you … “

“You what… it suits you… hahahaha or should I call you brat instead?”

“My name is Jae Joong!!! Kim Jae Joong” Jae Joong said proudly to the girl.

“Kim Jae Joong eh? Hahaha I’m going to call you little girl instead!! Ok little girl, its getting late I have to go but maybe I’ll see you around huh?” she hits him in the back and reaches down for the two stones, putting one in her pocket and handing the other to Jae Joong, “ Here keep it… “

“ Why? It’s just a rock…” Jae Joong said as he looked at her and then the rock.

“ You really are a fool aren’t you… see because of this rock… you and I met… see its good luck.. “

“ Good luck? Meeting you .. .you call that good luck? I get called a girl, get hit multiple times and get called a fool… and you think this is good luck… I say its more like a jinx“ and as he said that Jae Joong tossed the stone to the ground.

“Fine… be that way… I see it as good luck so I’m going to keep it. Well its been fun but I’m going to go now before my mom worries.” She began to run through the field and at a distance waving the bouquet of sunflowers back and forth at Jae Joong, “ Hopefully the next time I come and play here you’ll be here to play with me… I always need a fool to be my punching bag!!! Bye bye little girl!!!”

“ My NAME IS KIM JAE JOONG!!! STOP CALLING ME LITTLE GIRL!!! Hey what’s your name?” Jae Joong yelled out as she had continued to run towards the horizon.

“That’s for me to know… don’t you know never to give you name out to strangers!!! When we meet again… if we meet again we won’t be strangers and I might tell you!!!! BYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE LITTTTTLLLLLLLLLLLLE GGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIRRLLLLLLLLLLLLL? THANKS FOR THE SUNFLOWERS!!!!!!”

“Wait….. “ but before he could finish his sentence he turned towards his home hearing his mother’s and father’s voices calling him home and when he turned back she was gone. Jae Joong sighed and began to walk back towards his home, but suddenly turned back.

He slowly picked up the red stone he had tossed aside earlier and looked at it. Unknowingly a smile appeared on his face. Jae Joong shook off the expression and put the stone in his pocket looking towards the direction the girl had ran off to… Just you wait until next time … sunflower girl…we will see who is the fool.. he thought to himself and laughed as he continued on his way home with the sun setting behind him.


Every night I’d look at the stone and remember that day… the day you came into my life… the little girl that called me little girl and fool… the little girl that fought back… the little girl that brought a smile to my face. I wished and hoped that one day you would return and that I would get a chance to make you smile… to have the chance to fall in love…

No comments:

Post a Comment